This is more of a play by play of our day...
Right now skyler is in surgery. We have had a crazy day building up to this and it is hard to believe that we are sitting here in a waiting room waiting...
Skyler has been so so so happy today just bouncing around being his usual self. We were scheduled to be at Primary Childrens Medical Center at 1:45pm for pre-op. As we signed all our paper work once again I became overwhelmed by everything that is going on. It is still so surreal I have not had time to really come to terms with the situation. However I held it together (I think this is going to be a very common phrase over the next couple weeks) and we were admitted back to the pre-op room. Skyler got to put on his "cool" hospital pajamas and looked over by a nurse practioner, just a pre-op exam.
Then we were moved to another room (seriously there are so many rooms here) where the Surgeon and the anathesiologist came to talk to us and answer our questions. This is where I lost it. OK I have been so so so strong I have done everything possible to be happy and supporting for Skyler. Well I almost passed out and my dear son grabbed my hand and was rubbing it and let me know that it was ok. Seriously how was I supposed to stop crying now, but I did. They gave him some sleepy syrum and about 20 mins. later I gave him kisses and hugs and they rolled him away.
sleepy syrum
Here I am now waiting, they rolled him away around 3:15 and I cried for like 20 mins before I could stop. I think this going to become a common occurence as I hold in everything eventually the cup is going to just overflow. They just called me about 4:35 to let me know that he was doing great. They have now put in his port, which is almost like a medicene plug. They will use it to give him chemo and it is permanate so they don't have to poke him every time. it sits under his skin on his chest.
5:30 update, Skyler is doing great, and there is nothing really to report just working on removing the tumor, they will call me at 630 with another update.
6:45 update, THE TUMOR IS OUT... they are sewing him up. There was very minimal bleeding and his. vitals were stable the whole time. We are now waiting for the doctor to come out and speak to us, after which we will be able to go back and be with him in post-op.
7:15 We just talked to the surgeon. Skyler did great they were able to remove the tumor without spilage, and they were able to save his adrenal gland. He is getting an epidoral right now that will numb him from the lower chest to the pelvis for pain management, that will stay in for the next 3 days. He also has a tube that goes up his nose and into his stomach to suck out any random stuff or whatever for the next day or so. I guess all this will kind of paralyze the intestines and stuff so this will help with this. The other great news is that he will not be admitted to the ICU! Right now we are waiting to get a call telling us to come back to post-op to see him. Thank you for all your prayers and support we will be keeping you posted.
Love,
Leona
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment